This is the current affairs of 27th & 28th April 2023. Here are 12 questions and answers of daily current affairs for better preparation of competitive exams for government jobs.
1. Name the warship of the Indian Navy, which is being used to evacuate people from Sudan in Operation Kaveri.
a. INS Kaveri and INS Sumedha
b. INS Teg and INS Sumedha
c. INS Arihant and INS Magar
d. INS Chilka and INS Vikrant
Answer: b. INS Teg and INS Sumedha
– India’s Operation Kaveri is working to evacuate people from Sudan who are struggling with the civil war. The Indian Navy and Air Force are carrying out this work, taking people from Port Sudan to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, using the warships INS Teg and INS Sumedha. After that, Indian Air Force’s transport aircraft C-130J will bring them to Delhi.
– INS Teg is a stealth guided missile frigate and INS Sumedha is an offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Navy.
459 people have died in Sudan so far.
– A fight started between the army and paramilitary forces (RSF) in Sudan on April 15 for power.
– According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 459 people and soldiers have died in the fight so far.
– 4,072 people have been injured.
– More than 4,000 Indians live in Sudan.
Capital – Khartoum
2. Which award did the Dalai Lama receive in April 2023, 64 years after it was announced?
a. Noble peace prize
b. Bharat Ratna
c. Ramon magsaysay prize
d. Marconi prize
Answer: c. Ramon magsaysay prize
– The Tibetan spiritual leader, the 14th Dalai Lama, was honored with the Ramon Magsaysay Prize on April 26, 2023.
– This award was given for his struggle for the Tibetan community and to inspire Tibetan culture.
– He was chosen for this award in 1959.
– This was the first international award given to the Dalai Lama. However, he has received many awards later on.
– When the announcement was made to give the Ramon Magsaysay Award to the Dalai Lama in 1959, China was suppressing the followers of Buddhism in Tibet.
– Disturbed by the Chinese attacks, the Dalai Lama fled from Tibet and came to India in 1959.
– Because of this, he could not go to receive the award.
– However, his elder brother Gyalo Thondup had gone to the program and received the award.
This award is given in memory of the President of the Philippines.
– The Ramon Magsaysay Award is given in memory of the 7th President of the Philippines, Ramon Magsaysay.
– It was established in 1957.
– Anyone who does good work in the field of social improvement is honored with this award.
3. The Union Cabinet has decided to open how many new Government Nursing Colleges across the country?
Answer: d. 157
– Central Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has told the media that 157 new government nursing colleges will be opened in the country.
– Where there are medical colleges, a nursing college will be established with a contribution of 10 crores rupees.
– This will cost 1570 crores rupees.
– In addition to this, the National Medical Device Policy 2023 has also been approved.
– The demand for medical devices has increased in the country. To promote this sector, the policy has been prepared.
4. Who took oath as the new President of Bangladesh?
a. Sheikh Khaleda
b. Abdul Hamid
c. Shahabuddin chuppu
d. Mushfiqur ahmed
Answer: c. Shahabuddin chuppu
– On April 24, 2023, he took oath as the 22nd President of Bangladesh.
– General elections are scheduled to be held here in a few months.
Mohammad Shajahan will take the place of former President Abdul Hamid.
– His term ended on April 24, 2023.
– He was born on December 10, 1949, and is 73 years old.
– He was an anti-corruption commissioner in Bangladesh.
– He fought against Pakistan in the country’s 1971 war of independence.
– He has worked on the board of directors of the Islamic Bank Bangladesh Limited.
– He is a former judge and an official of a ruling party.
– Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
– Capital: Dhaka
– Currency: Bangladeshi taka
5. Which Indian institute will set up its first international campus in Tanzania?
a. IIT Kharagpur
b. IIT Mumbai
c. IIT Madras
d. IIT Kanpur
Answer: c. IIT Madras
– The director of IIT Madras, V. Kamakoti, announced this on the 64th institute day of IIT Madras (April 20, 2023).
– Five professors from IIT Madras visited Tanzania in February 2023.
– At that time, discussions were held with several officers to start the campus here.
– Shridhar Vembu, founder of Zoho Corporation, was the chief guest at the 64th institute day program of IIT Madras.
When will the campus start?
– According to news reports, the plan is to start classes here by October 2023.
– This campus can play an important role in the development and nation-building of not only Tanzania but also the continent.
What is the cost of the campus?
– The total cost of this entire project of the campus could be around 3000 crores, for which money will be available from the Indian government.
– Established: 1959
– Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
– In which country was the first foreign campus of an Indian university opened?
– Which Indian university opened the first foreign campus in Uganda?
– NFSU (National Forensic Science University)
6. Which country’s Veto company has selected the city of Ayodhya for a pilot project to make biodiesel from waste?
Answer: b. Belgium
– In April 2023, some officials of VITO had a preliminary meeting with officials of the Ayodhya administration.
– After that, the company officials have also started work on this project.
– This project will be for two years.
Will the project work in other places too?
– Initially, the company will use one ton of plastic waste to make biofuels.
– According to news reports, if this project is successful in Ayodhya, it will also be expanded to other parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Why was Ayodhya chosen?
– After the opening of the Ram Temple in January 2024, there is a possibility of a significant increase in the number of devotees here.
– This will generate a lot of garbage. That’s why Ayodhya was chosen.
– According to the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust, there is an estimated influx of millions of devotees every month.
– The chairman of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust is Mahant Nritya Gopal Das.
– Managing Director: Dirk Franser
– Establishment: May 1991
7. Which state’s former Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal passed away on 25 April 2023?
a. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: c. Punjab
– He had complained of difficulty in breathing.
– He passed away on April 25, 2023, at a hospital in Mohali.
– He was 95 years old.
How many times was he elected as a legislator?
– He was an experienced leader of the Akali Dal.
– He was first elected to the Punjab Legislative Assembly in 1957.
– Since then, he has been elected as a legislator nine times.
– He led the party as its president from 1995 to 2008.
How many times was he the Chief Minister of Punjab?
– He served as the Chief Minister of Punjab five times.
Note: The Government of India honored him with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award, in 2015.
8. Who was elected as the President of NASSCOM for the year 2023-24?
a. Asrad ahmed
b. Anant Maheshwari
c. Rajendra Tripathi
d. Kartar Singh
Answer: b. Anant Maheshwari
– Nasscom : National Association of Software and Services Companies
– NASSCOM announced the appointment of Anant Maheshwari as their President for 2023-24 on April 25, 2023.
– He is currently the President of Microsoft India.
What is NASSCOM?
– It is a non-profit industry association.
– It is the premier body for the IT-BPM industry in India, with a market size of approximately $180 billion.
– It provides a significant amount of employment in the private sector in India.
– Headquarters: New Delhi
– Founded: March 1, 1988.
9. Which company has won the first prize of “Ispat Rajbhasha Samman” for the year 2021-22?
b. TATA Steel
Answer: c. RINL
– Mr. Atul Bhatt, the Chairman and Managing Director of RINL, received this award on April 24, 2023.
– The Minister of Steel and Rural Development, Mr. Fagan Singh Kulaste, presented this award at the meeting of the Hindi Advisory Committee held in Srinagar.
Why was the award given?
– The RINL-Visakhapatnam Steel Plant was honored with the first award for Mr. Bhatt’s special efforts to ensure effective
implementation of Hindi in the organization.
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
– Headquarters: Visakhapatnam
– Established: 1982
10. When is the International Delegation Day celebrated?
a. 25 April
b. 27 April
c. 28 April
d. April 29
Answer: a. 25 April
– This day is declared by the United Nations.
11. Who was elected the new President of Cycling Federation of India (CFI)?
a. Rakesh Verma
b. Pankaj Singh
c. Akshay Kumar
d. Vishesh Singh
Answer: b. Pankaj Singh
– He was elected unopposed.
– The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is the national regulatory body for the sport of cycling in India.
– Establishment: 1946
12. Famous actor Mamukoya of which language films passed away on 26 April 2023?
Answer: d. Malayalam
– He made his acting debut in theater in 1979.
– He was active in theater from the beginning.
– In a career spanning four decades, he acted in more than 450 Malayalam films.
– He also acted in the French film “Flammens of Paradise”.