This is the current affairs of 1 April 2023. Here are 10 questions and answers of daily current affairs for better preparation of competitive exams for government jobs.
PDF Download: Click here
1. Where was the country’s first ‘quantum computing’ based telecom network link started?
Answer: b. Delhi
– The country’s first ‘quantum computing’ based telecom network link has been developed by CDOT.
– Where it is established: Between the communication building in Delhi’s CGO Complex and the National Centre for Information Science Office.
– Its inauguration was done by Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on March 27, 2023.
– Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw also started a hackathon challenge for the ethical hackers who break into this network link.
– Those who break this link will receive a prize of 1 million rupees.
What is a ‘quantum computing’ based telecom network link?
– It uses principles of quantum physics.
– It provides the ability to send information more securely than traditional networks.
– In fact, due to quantum communication, communication is bound and hacking becomes difficult.
What is quantum computing?
– Quantum computers are based on qubits (quantum bits).
Qubits are similar to the traditional digital electronic computer, having only two binary digits (0 and 1), but qubits can exist simultaneously as 0 or 1, or as a combination of both.
– Traditional digital electronic computers are based on bits, and also have two binary digits (0 and 1), but bits can only exist as either 0 or 1 at any given time.
– In quantum computing, information or data is encrypted securely. This avoids problems such as hacking.
2. When was the first International Zero Waste Day celebrated?
a. 28 March 2023
b. 29 March 2023
c. 30 March 2023
d. 01 April 2023
Answer: c. 30 March 2023
– The United Nations General Assembly had announced on December 14, 2022 that International Zero Waste Day will be celebrated on March 30 every year.
– This day aims to raise awareness about the increasingly harmful effects of waste on human health, economy, and the environment.
– Over two billion tons of solid waste is produced annually in the world, of which 45 percent is not properly managed.
3. What is the target set by the central government to make 1000 cities 3 star garbage free cities?
a. October 2025
b. October 2024
c. April 2025
d. March 2024
Answer: b. October 2024
– The Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Puri, announced this during the Swachhotsav (Clean India Campaign).
– He said that the goal is to make 1,000 cities in the country 3-star garbage-free cities by October 2024.
– This announcement was made on March 30, 2023, on International Zero Waste Day.
– Hardeep Puri said that Urban India has become Open Defecation Free (ODF) from public excrement.
– Swachhotsav is a government initiative to promote cleanliness and hygiene in India.
– It was launched in 2019.
– Citizens are encouraged to be aware of cleanliness and its importance in their daily lives.
– The goal is to make India a clean and healthy nation.
4. Name the first former President of America, on whom criminal case will be filed?
a. Barack Obama
b. Donald Trump
c. Joe Biden
d. Bill Clinton
Answer: b. Donald Trump
– Criminal case will be filed against former US President Donald Trump.
– The Manhattan Grand Jury in New York decided on Thursday to bring a case against Trump.
– This case is related to allegations of having an affair with porn star Stormy Daniels before the 2016 presidential election and paying her hush money.
– Trump’s lawyers have been told to surrender him to the Manhattan court by April 4th. After this, the charges against Trump will be revealed.
– Trump said about the case, “All allegations against me are false.”
The 2006 case
– At that time, Donald Trump was a real estate businessman. Stormy Daniels was 27 years old and Trump was 60 years old.
– An affair took place between them.
– It is alleged that just before the 2016 presidential election, Trump paid Stormy to keep quiet.
– Trump’s lawyer also admitted that he had given $130,000 (about 1 crore 7 lakh rupees) to the porn star on behalf of Trump.
– The payment made by Trump to the porn star was revealed in January 2018 by the Wall Street Journal, based on which the decision to file a criminal case against Trump was made.
What will happen after Trump’s surrender?
– After surrendering, the complete legal process will be followed with Trump as well. His fingerprints and photo will be taken for record.
Donald Trump will not step back from the election.
– Trump is preparing for the 2024 presidential election. He has already announced that he will stand in the last election.
– After the announcement of the case, he has hinted that he will not step back from the 2024 election.
However, a criminal case may create an obstacle in Trump’s becoming president.
5. Which Union Ministry has set up the Center for Processing Accelerated Corporate Exit (C-PACE) in Manesar (Haryana)?
a. Home Ministry
b. Corporate affairs ministry
c. Finance Ministry
d. Ministry of Education
Answer: b. Corporate affairs ministry
– The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has established a new organization called the Centre for Processing Accelerated Corporate Exit (C-PACE).
– It has been established in Manesar, Haryana.
The aim is to dispose of applications for removing the name of a company from the records under the Companies Act, 2013.
– C-PACE is a one-stop solution for companies that want to close down their business.
– Companies that apply to remove their names from the register of companies under Section 248 of the Companies Act, 2013 may benefit from C-PACE.
– The notification for the establishment of C-PACE was issued on March 17, 2023.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs:
– Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
– Minister of State – Rao Indrajit Singh
6. In which city HZL and Rajasthan Cricket Association signed MoU to build the country’s second largest cricket stadium?
Answer: d. Jaipur
– This will be the third-largest cricket stadium in the world and the second-largest in India.
– It will be established in Chonp village in Jaipur.
On March 30, 2023, Vedanta’s Hindustan Zinc Limited signed a memorandum of understanding with the Rajasthan Cricket Association for this purpose.
– The construction of this stadium will cost 400 crore rupees.
– Of this, 300 crore rupees will be borne by Vedanta’s Hindustan Zinc Limited and 100 crore rupees by the Rajasthan Cricket Association.
– It will have a seating capacity of 75,000 people.
– The stadium will be completed in phases.
– The preparations to complete the capacity of 40,000 by October 2023 are underway.
7. The world’s third and India’s second largest cricket stadium will be named after which industrialist?
a. Mukesh Ambani
b. Gautam Adani
c. Gaurav Munjal
d. Anil Agarwal
Answer: d. Anil Agarwal
– The cricket stadium being built in Jaipur will be named Anil Agarwal International Cricket Stadium, Jaipur.
– He is one of the country’s leading industrialists.
– He was born in Patna in 1954.
– He is the founder and chairman of Vedanta Resources Limited.
– This company has mines of various metal resources, including copper and zinc, in many countries around the world, including India.
– The country’s first semi-conductor plant is being established by Vedanta and Foxconn in Gujarat.
8. Who became the highest wicket-taker in T20 International by breaking Tim Southee’s record?
a. Shakib al hassan
b. Rohit Sharma
c. Babar Azam
d. Virat Kohli
Answer: a. Shakib al hassan
– He is cricketers from Bangladesh.
Shakib Al Hasan made this record while playing against – Ireland in a T20 International match.
– He broke the record of New Zealand player Tim Southee.
– Shakib has taken 136 wickets in T20I matches.
– Shakib made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in 2006.
9. Who became the new Vice President of UAE?
a. Bin zayed al nahyan
b. Mohammed bin Rashid
c. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
d. Hamdan bin Mohammed bin
Answer: c. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
– Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has appointed his brother as the Vice President.
– The new Vice President’s name is Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
– President – Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
– Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
– Capital – Abu Dhabi
– Currency – UAE Dirham
10. When is ‘Fool’s Day’ i.e. ‘April Fool’s Day’ celebrated?
a. 1st April
b. 2nd April
c. 3rd April
d. 4th April
Answer: a. 1st April